THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Things I Like.......

I realized that my last couple posts have been about things that are different between the States and Lithuania. I don't want you guys to get the impression that I don't like this culture. I have come to love Lithuania and Lithuanians and our differences. I have learned so much from them!
So I thought I would post about some of the things that I like and enjoy that are different from the States!
-I like the fact that the grocery cart's wheels go in all directions, making it possible to push your cart sideways.
- I appreciate and value Lithuanians honesty, there is usually no pretense.
- I like that you have to ask for your bill when you go to a restaurant because it is considered rude to bring it to you before then.
- I like the way the Lithuanians drive. (this took some getting use to, but now I like it!!!)
- I appreciate the fact that they are a relational people
- I like that when I order coffee it comes in a mug. (at first this was hard)
- I like having to walking everywhere.
- I like that when you go to someones house you take off your shoes and they usually have a basket of slippers for you to wear.
- I like how they dress, everyday wear would be considered dressy for us North Westerners.
- I appreciate the fact that when you go to someone's house, you bring a little gift for them. It can be as simple as a candy bar, but it is just a way of showing appreciation. If someone does bring something, it is proper for you to put it out for everyone to snack on.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

well stated dear girl!