THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Uhhhh... Is that what I think it is?


Sharon and I were having coffee the other day (at my favorite coffee shop!) and another cultural difference was brought to mind. It is not bad, it is just different. However, I am still surprised every time I see it. So, it is very common for woman to leave their babies outside in their stroller while they go into a store or restaurant. While Sharon and I were at the coffee shop, a woman came, parked her baby outside and came in to get coffee. This lead Sharon and I into a conversation about cultural differences and how certain things are acceptable here that in the States would not be. To be honest, when I saw this for the first time, I was horrified because this contradicted everything my culture taught me about the proper way to care for a child.
But it is normal here and is a conventional way of caring for a child. Like I said earlier, it is not bad, just different.
I would love to hear any cultural differences you may have experienced or stories about interacting with another culture. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweet pea I love the new background. But do you think I can leave my kids outside while I get coffee, they all want coffee too!!!! Tami